View Single Post
Old 08-04-2010, 01:27 PM   #12
NickSpalding
Addict
NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
Nick, are you posting whatever the authors send you, or are you somehow screening the books? I checked one of the offered titles and it had a typo on the first page! I am all for spotlighting indie authors, but I would rather read an actual review then just a PR blurb for a book nobody has actually looked at....
It's a bit of a balancing act at the moment - I need the posts to increase readership and I don't have time to screen many of the books, so sorry that there's one with a typo in it.

I was thinking of introducing a feedback mechanism from readers where they could comment on stuff like that - not reviews of the story so much as comments on the quality of the the grammar, spelling etc.

I will start encouraging readers to leave comments to that effect, so please leave one about the book in question!