View Single Post
Old 12-03-2011, 12:35 PM   #57
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoshka View Post
I was also initially enthused about the Fire, but then was disappointed. It was too heavy to hold up comfortably with one hand, and the small bezel made it difficult to rest on my chest and view comfortably, particularly watching video in landscape. The email app is very ugly and not pleasant to use--not sure why they couldn't just use Google apps.
That's interesting, they weight about the same. I read that and I know it because I still have both at home, about to return the Nook Tablet.

And I find both default email apps very basic, but the Fire better (in terms of functionality) You don't have landscape mode on the Nook Tablet, you do on the Kindle Fire.

Like I said, the Nook Tablet is a nice piece of hardware. If you can find your favorites books and magazines in the B&N app store, I believe is a better choice. However, and after several days of usage with both and testing, I find the variety on B&N app store very, very poor.

Another interesting point is that Fire upgrade 6.2 fixed lot of the minor issues with the screen response and other glitches. And the fact that they had delivered two firmware upgrades in such s short period of time, gives me a better feeling than B&N, which usually does not deliver patches so quick.

If you are a "neutral" user, do not care about one ebook store or the other, i would say Nook Tablet. Otherwise, your final choice will depend of the books you need and if you're willing to strip down DRM, etc, so it is easier if you continue using a device from same company or store, especially if you want to keep the syncing capabilities.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote