View Single Post
Old 02-26-2010, 02:25 PM   #3
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
The date of the article is current but the article cites the price of the CDMA chip so it looks like their information is a bit old. Still, I don't see the price going down all that much. The iSuppli breakdown of the iPhone 3GS was $179. Their 3.5" LCD touchscreen was $35 vs. $60 for the e-ink of the Kindle. We're so used to phones being subsidized we forget what they really cost. The Kindle has similar guts and a larger screen so I can't see how they're going to get it significantly cheaper. They could sell at a loss as the wireless carriers do but I'm not seeing where there's enough margin on books to make up for it.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote