View Single Post
Old 01-20-2008, 08:48 AM   #1
markbot
Guru
markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite 2
Whispernet is a luxury

If I had a choice, I would rather not have whispernet at all or paid for the whispernet on a per usage basis....instead of having unlimited usage built into the cost of the device.

They could have built wifi into the device for internet access.

The Kindle probably would have cost $200 if the whispernet were optional.

The question is whether the convenience factor of whispernet as compared to wifi is worth $200. And don't forget that you will probably upgrade every 3 years on average at the least. so you are actually paying $200 more everytime you upgrade the kindle reader.

I have internet access through my blackberry, home wifi network...etc. I only turn on the whispernet when I want to download a sample or buy a book. but usually i research the book using my laptop or desktop first.

I think there are people who want whispernet....so it is a nice option. although they might not have the economies of scale to make it an optional feature.
markbot is offline   Reply With Quote