View Single Post
Old 01-15-2011, 12:04 AM   #8
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Actually, a lot of the work that we saw being done was on the desktop--or more properly, I suppose- on the interaction between the firmware and the desktop. All of the beta testers did our firmware update by flashing the reader and so it's very possible that none of us are using the versions 1.8.X of the reader software.

My experience was that that the version right before the release candidate was messed up in terms of desktop sync, after having gotten it sorted out in an earlier beta. This was kinda sorta a clerical error. The version intended to be the final release (which actually was released as 1.8) appeared to us to have a fully working sync. Could something odd have happened after that, well, I suppose it could have. JCKobo would be the go to guy on this.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote