View Single Post
Old 03-13-2009, 01:22 PM   #15
frabjous
Wizard
frabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerement View Post

TeX Based:

Mainly the LaTeX macros (and I love Donald Knuth's writing style and rigorous attention to detail). And while TeX can be output to almost anything, the conversion process between TeX and XML seems to still be pretty vague (although its ability to generate table-of-contents from full files would be very useful for the multi-file format of ePub).
No one has recommended this, and that's understandable. I don't disagree. However, since I use LaTeX all the time for my own projects unrelated to portable eBook reading (though I'm not an expert user by any means), I would be curious if anyone has much experience with working with TeX > eBook conversions.

TeX > PDF conversions are of course standard and easy, and with the right packages, I imagine it's pretty easy to make properly eBook-sized and formatted .PDFs.

But what about TeX > other eBook formats, like Mobi, ePub and LRF, etc.? Anyone have any experience with this, or know of any good tools/packages, etc., for it? How well do these support the features a TeX user typically expects, like decent looking mathematical formulae, footnotes, etc.?
frabjous is offline   Reply With Quote