View Single Post
Old 08-02-2019, 01:26 AM   #13
MaverickRK
MaverickRK began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle App on iPad
Explanation for the question

Thanks for all the replies, but I suppose I need to explain a little further.

Yes, I can download my books directly from my Amazon account to either my Kindle or to my iPad running the Kindle app.

My problem is that I have to give up my personal Amazon account because it is tied to my company's Seller Account. It's a long story of how that happened, but it started a long time ago in the early days when I founded the company, and now the buyer account cannot be separated from the seller account. We are selling our company, and since the seller account has all the stores, reviews, seller history, etc., I have to set up a new personal buyer account. (I have been through at least a dozen support staff from Amazon, and senior levels even, and the two accounts cannot be separated.)

All the Kindle books I have bought over time are tied to my personal buyer account, even though they have nothing to do with the company. I cannot transfer them to my new personal buyer account (again, after several support calls, that appears to be absolute.)

So, I found Calibre, and realized that I could download all my books from Amazon into Calibre on my computer and keep them there for when I no longer have access to my old buyer account. When I want one, I can upload it to my Kindle. That works, I have tried it. But I much prefer to read books on my iPad using the Kindle app for a number of reasons (unless I'm on a beach in the sun.)

I was really hoping it would work to get the books into my iPad as well. That was the reason for the question I asked.

So given that scenario, does anyone know how to get Kindle books from Calibre into the Kindle app on an iPad. (No, I do not want to strip the DRM as I do not feel that is fair to the authors. But in my case I bought and own the books. I just want to be able to read them on the device of my choice.)

Thanks in advance.
MaverickRK is offline   Reply With Quote