View Single Post
Old 10-31-2013, 06:40 PM   #58
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertJSawyer View Post
A few more changes I've noticed:

To access the Table of Contents, you now have to press the slider (the <---> icon), rather than the book icon.
It took me a while to get used to, but I like it now.
Quote:
And the book icon is now gone, replaced by a menu icon (three horizontal lines stacked), which is bad UI design, in my humble opinion, because there are now TWO visually identical menu icons simultaneously on the screen: one in the upper right and one in the lower right, and they bring up completely different menus: upper-right brings up "Brightness" / Wi Fi" / "Battery" etc.; lower-right brings up "Search in Book" / "Reading settings" / "Annotations" etc.
I hadn't noticed the similar icons. It think it hasn't worried me because the top items are system items, and the bottom are book
Quote:
Having "Reading settings" (which controls where you tap to change screens and whether some ePubs show page numbers in margins) come up on lower-right "in-the-book menu" is ridiculous; having it as the second item is even worse. Those are settings you change once and forget about forever; they're not things you're constantly fiddling with while reading a book.
I agree with you about the "Reading settings". But, there was a discussion about the menu in the beta group after I commented that I didn't think "Reading settings" belonged there. At least one person commented they use it frequently because they change hands and depending on where they are reading and want to change the tap zone.
Quote:
Also, pressing on the "Page x of xx" footer used to immediately bring up the %read indicator at the left side of the screen; it now appears, after a second's delay, at the top of the screen (first the time is shown, then the %read).
The only problem I have is that it doesn't display the title.
Quote:
Where the %read indicator used to be, you know get a "<-- Books" button, which takes you immediately to the listing of all books on the device.
That button changes depending on where you were when you opened the book. Pressing it will take you back there. So, if you open a book from a shelf, it will say "Collection" and take you back to the shelf.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote