View Single Post
Old 10-31-2013, 01:05 PM   #57
buffaloseven
Watching the Sky
buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.buffaloseven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkr View Post
i wanted to upgrade my aura HD so i wanted to ask-
1) is f/w 2.10 available in all countries ,if not when would it be available
2) how do i get to know the version of kobo desktop i m downloading. i saw on this thread that version 3.4 is available.so how would i know that kobo desktop version is available in my country and i am downloading the right version rather than downloading the older version?
3)and last thing when i upgrade my firmware to 2.10 do i have to some resetting(factory,pin hole etc) or remove the the memory card before upgrading via computer(so that i dont unintentionally brick it) ?
pls help
thanks in advance
1. It will be available in all regions. Kobo rolls out the update over time, so it is not available in all places at once. If I remember, typically all devices have access to the update within about 2 weeks of the update first showing up. Simply syncing your Aura HD will check each time if the update is available.

2. Kobo Desktop updates automatically. When the update is available for you, it will notify you.

3. Barring any problems, after you sync and the update is downloaded and you hit the install button, your device will simply restart, install the firmware, then restart once more and go back to your home screen. No action is required on your part. Sometimes something goes awry during an update and you do have to do a pin-hole reset, but you shouldn't expect to need to do that.

Hope that helps.
buffaloseven is offline   Reply With Quote