View Single Post
Old 02-16-2011, 08:06 AM   #1
maxbookworm
Addict
maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Galaxy Note 2
Best books you've read in the past couple months?

So what are some of the best books you've read on the past couple of months?

I really enjoyed The Last Chinese Chef by Nicole Mones - a bit predictable, but there were some truly poetic descriptions of food, and I love food!

I also liked The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield - this was a good Victorian-esque novel. Old rickety mansions, mysterious twins, that type of thing.

Finally, I've read two coincidentally similar novels, one about a lost diary of Arthur Conan Doyle, and one about a lost Shakespeare play: The Sherlockian by Graham Moore and The Book of Air and Shadows by Michael Gruber.

Finally, I've read a couple of light, fun mystery novels: The Missing Servant by Tarquin Hall, set in India (more yummy descriptions of food!) and The Rubber Band by Rex Stout (Nero Wolfe is my new hero!)

So what have you enjoyed lately?
maxbookworm is offline   Reply With Quote