Thread: PB302 vs PB632
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2014, 01:57 AM   #1
kgn
Groupie
kgn has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Pocketbook 302
PB302 vs PB632

I have an old PB302 - which is starting to age and fail on me. The USB port has started to fail - sometimes fails to read books in. Otherwise it is still going strong. I am surprised that the battery has lasted this long (but I have a spare).

I go camping a bit and I need a nightlight. So the Touch Lux model looks good.

I also read left handed a lot, so the fact that the PB302 has hardware buttons that I can reassign is a top feature. ie I assign both bottom buttons on the PB302 to 'Page Forward'. This means I can use either my left or right hand to read. Or I can swipe the screen. All very flexible.

I am looking at a new ereader with basically the same features. I note that the PB623 has hardware buttons - although not as good as the PB302. Can these be reassigned in the software? Alternatively, can it be used left-handed?

I am also looking at the Kobo Aura HD, but that uses an internal DB like Kindle, so that makes putting books on the thing a real pain. You have to setup Collections, etc using Calibre. The Kobo is pretty fast though, whereas the PB623 (like the PB302) seems very underpowered.

I just love the way Pocketbooks just read folder structures - not a DB. Well, at least the PB302 does - are the newer PB models the same?

I have found a seller in Australia, so that is good news. The PB623 is about the same price as the Kobo Aura HD, so these things are not cheap.

Your comments welcome....

Last edited by kgn; 02-20-2014 at 03:50 PM.
kgn is offline   Reply With Quote