View Single Post
Old 08-10-2013, 12:43 PM   #5
storax
storax could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.storax could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.storax could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.storax could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.storax could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.storax could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.storax could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.storax could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.storax could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.storax could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.storax could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Thank you, Doitsu !

This is very useful information indeed. I’m going to re-do my first line styling today; it’s a mobi7 kludge at the moment.

Quote:
For more Kindle formatting ideas also check out my CSS3 thread in the Kindle forum. It shows, for example, how to add a fleuron using CSS3 and doesn't require fallback styling, because CSS3 elements will simply be ignored by KindleGen when it generates the Mobi7 part of the master mobi file.
This part is especially interesting to me; I’m reminded of when I made websites and knowledge of the various browser ‘features’ was often more valuable than HTML and CSS skills, especially for positioning. You could know the specs backwards and forwards, but heaven help you if you thought that was enough.

Quote:
IMHO, it's nice to think of fallback styles, but I wouldn't waste too much time on it since the majority of Kindles in use support KF8. Only 3 older Models (K1, K2 an DX) don't support KF8 and most of them were bought by "early adopters" with enough disposable income to afford the latest models.
I appreciate your thoughts on this. What you say makes a lot of sense.

Thanks again for your generosity. These forums are fantastic !

Storax
storax is offline   Reply With Quote