View Single Post
Old 06-17-2022, 07:33 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by shayaknyc View Post
All content that's on IPFS starts off on some local storage - either a drive letter in windows, or a path in *nix/bsd-based OSs - nobody's saving directly to the IPFS, it's gotta get uploaded first, and once it's uploaded, it's provided a hash CID, which is it's unique identifier in the IPFS system, which can then be dynamically linked to via IPNS, so if you ever make updates to an asset, you don't have to update the CID, as the IPNS will point to all revisions/updates of a given CID.

I'm not sure you're making the right argument against somehow leveraging IPFS with one's calibre library. Personally, I'd be very interested in democratizing and sharing my curated collection with whomever would want access to it. It's been wildly successful for scihub (current court-cases not withstanding)......

Edit: I found this quite useful in helping to illustrate my point: https://proto.school/course/ipfs
In English, this will not work. That's not how Calibre works and it's not how it will ever work. A plugin won't help. You have to change the core code. That's not going to happen unless you do it or find someone to do it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote