View Single Post
Old 11-09-2021, 06:08 PM   #35
Peter Ahlstrom
Connoisseur
Peter Ahlstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peter Ahlstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peter Ahlstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peter Ahlstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peter Ahlstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peter Ahlstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peter Ahlstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peter Ahlstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peter Ahlstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peter Ahlstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peter Ahlstrom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
It's not passing ePubCheck validation with this error:

nav.xhtml 8 294 Col: 70: ERROR(RSC-007): Referenced resource "Styles/style.css" could not be found in the EPUB.

But...it's there. Here's my nav.xhtml header:
<head>
<meta charset="utf-8"/>
<title>Contents</title>
<link href="../Styles/style.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"/>
</head>

and here's another xhtml file's header:

<head>
<title>Preface</title>
<link href="../Styles/style.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"/>
</head>

The reference to the stylesheet is exactly the same... I also removed the meta line and that made no difference. So weird.

OOHHHH I think I got it now. The problem is that Sigil fakes nav.xhtml's location in the sidebar. I opened the ePub in BBEdit and it shows that nav.xhml is NOT inside the Text folder like Sigil shows. It's in the OEBPS folder. So the stylesheet reference needs to remove the "../"

Now to see if that works!

And it does, perfectly.

Last edited by Peter Ahlstrom; 11-09-2021 at 06:17 PM.
Peter Ahlstrom is offline   Reply With Quote