View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 07:30 PM   #7
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemurion View Post
I love the Lensman books and have ever since I found a used copy of Second Stage Lensmen in the Errington General Store back around 1975-6. Great stuff. When it comes to Space Opera, Doc predates everyone; he invented the idea of the starship in Skylark of Space back in 1928.
Gray Lensman in the University library, freshman year.
I'd heard about Doc Smith but hadn't run into any of his books.
Didn't take me long after that to track down pretty much his entire output.
Considering how much *everybody* steals from him (or people who stole from him) it is a crying shame nobody has ever tried to adapt him to movies or TV. (Except for the one execrable anime.)

Oh, and I ran into the DAW editions of the Grimes stories about that time. Lotsa fun, too.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote