View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 08:13 AM   #30
rogue_librarian
Guru
rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Basic 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui Neng View Post
Germany has the best consumer protection, so the rest is actually worse off.
I don't think most other states are that much worse (I'm not German, by the way). I just find it appropriate to apply local law, that's all. Rome I does just that, nothing more, nothing less.

Quote:
And good luck with your interpretation of EU-Law ...
My interpretation, really? If you'd take the trouble to actually read the regulation you'd see for yourself. There are many gray areas in law, but this is not one of them, trust me (or don't, I really don't care one way or another.)

Quote:
... when as a German you bought something, say in the UK and "force" your assumed rights.
Nice choice of words. Well, I'd simply sue in my local German court (yes, another regulation makes that possible), and then have my lawyer enforce that (default) judgment. And yes, I've done things like that before when I was still working as a lawyer.

Quote:
Before accepting statements as yours ...
Who's asking you to? Make of it what you will.
rogue_librarian is offline   Reply With Quote