View Single Post
Old 07-17-2011, 09:58 PM   #7
danrodney
All Around Nice Guy
danrodney has read War And Peace ... all of itdanrodney has read War And Peace ... all of itdanrodney has read War And Peace ... all of itdanrodney has read War And Peace ... all of itdanrodney has read War And Peace ... all of itdanrodney has read War And Peace ... all of itdanrodney has read War And Peace ... all of itdanrodney has read War And Peace ... all of itdanrodney has read War And Peace ... all of itdanrodney has read War And Peace ... all of itdanrodney has read War And Peace ... all of it

Device: iPad, iPhone, Kindle Keyboard, Kindle Fire, Nook 1st Gen, Nook Color
So you're confirming part of what I wrote in my previous reply, but there are still some outstanding questions... It seems like I can use the regular font and that works, but is that what I "should" be doing? If so, why does InDesign encrypt the font when it can't validate?

Keep in mind I am not just trying to get this to work for myself, I am wondering what the professional answer is for companies and authors submitting ePubs for sale to Apple and Barnes & Noble.

- If the fonts should be encrypted and validation doesn't matter, I don't care as long as I know.

- If it's OK to use the regular font so it does validate fine, it's just weird that InDesign doesn't do that from the start, although not entirely surprising considering some of the other bad code things it does.
danrodney is offline   Reply With Quote