View Single Post
Old 02-12-2017, 12:20 AM   #1
SigilBear
Banned
SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iBooks
Indexes without page numbers?

Consider the following example from an index from a book in the public domain:

State Trees, 354-7; of, Idaho, 354-5; Illinois, 355

If I turned this book into a reflowable epub, then the page numbers wouldn't make sense. So how do most epub authors handle this kind of situation?

Since epubs are searchable, I've thought of just creating a static index (i.e. no links) that lists key words that readers can then search for. (However, it wouldn't work for the example I posted above, which would have to be customized somehow.)

Have you ever seen such an index in an epub?
SigilBear is offline   Reply With Quote