View Single Post
Old 05-12-2011, 08:18 AM   #1
duceduc
duceduc knows the square root of minus one.duceduc knows the square root of minus one.duceduc knows the square root of minus one.duceduc knows the square root of minus one.duceduc knows the square root of minus one.duceduc knows the square root of minus one.duceduc knows the square root of minus one.duceduc knows the square root of minus one.duceduc knows the square root of minus one.duceduc knows the square root of minus one.duceduc knows the square root of minus one.

Device: none
Japan resident buying a Kindle 3

Hello all. I'm new to this forum and am thinking of buying a Kindle 3. I live in Japan and travel to the US once a year for vacation. What would be the best Kindle version for me as far as choosing wifi or wifi+3G is concern? I have read several threads on this forum the difference between the 3 units available and trying to understand the terms of 3G usage outside of USA.

I was thinking about the wifi+3G (international version) unit. Will I be charged extra for using 3G network in Japan and while in USA or is it free in Japan and not in USA?

Should I get the US version wifi+3G instead? I have relatives from the USA who can ship this to me; thus, obtaining a USA address will not be an issue. As I understand it from amazon condition on 3G usage outside of USA is that I will be incurring a .99 charge per 1 megabyte for newspaper, mag, blog subscriptions and personal document transfers. It didn't mention anything about buying book and using their experimental browsers for additional fees.
Stated here.

Lastly, I will be 'jailbreaking' the Kindle once I get my hands on it. Either versions will work?
duceduc is offline   Reply With Quote