View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013, 05:52 PM   #167
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by joenojunk View Post
I know this is more of an html forum but maybe some can help
With a little jave

I working on a script that will open my book (on my kindle fire)
To a particular location. I am able to open the book with this.

Intent intent = new Intent();
intent.setAction(android.content.Intent.ACTION_VIE W);
File file = new File("/sdcard/Books/Testbook.prc");
intent.setDataAndType(Uri.fromFile(file), "application/x-mobipocket-ebook");
startActivity(intent);

Catlog doesn’t’ give me a lot of info I can use.

So what would be the commands after the book opens.
THX
Assuming that you're using the book for your own purposes, and not uploading it, which wouldn't make it past the KDP, you can do whatever you want, as it's a personal app, really. Kindle books/mobi's don't use js, only JSON, and even that, in a very limited capacity, so what you do for your own reading pleasure is entirely up to you. It's a lot of extra effort just to get around using the OPF's Guide items, which for the most part, work perfectly.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote