View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 07:51 PM   #15
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by new View Post
So any other "Windows" product above XP would work? Why not Mac Leopard?

Rather short sided of the developer if you ask me.
This is a limitation of the operating system (OS) not a limitation of this program. If you want MTP support ask Apple to include it or go with a OS like Linux or newer versions of Windows.

Quote:
I wasn't impressed by his rather cryptic postings.
I don't understand what is cryptic about the area of the FAQ he linked to.

The link he sent you to is titled "How do I use calibre with my Android phone/tablet?" which explains how to use your android device with calibre and clearly states the limitations of newer android devices.

Quote:
Note: With newer Android devices, the USB connection is only supported on Windows Vista and newer and Linux. If you are on Windows XP or OS X, you should use one of the wireless connection methods.
The FAQ further explains the wireless connection methods you can use.

Quote:
I am suppose to figure out what "collections" mean? Isn't that above the regular library?
You have to venture quite a ways down the page, and away from the area he sent you to, before a FAQ item about collections pops up (this is not pertinent to your question.) I guess the problem you and other new folks to the Kindle Fire run into is not knowing that you have purchased an android tablet.

Good Reading.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 10-24-2012 at 07:58 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote