View Single Post
Old 11-29-2011, 07:52 AM   #219
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merischino View Post
The real nugget in your post, though, was the fact that its fee-free to email books to your kindle fire. Will have to tell my brother that... big learning! Thank you!

I'm still a little fuzzy on this because this is the first Kindle I have owned.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200375630

From the Amazon website: If you would like to transfer your personal documents to your Kindle for free, you can send attachments to "name"@free.kindle.com to be converted and e-mailed to your computer at the e-mail address associated with your Amazon.com account log-in. You can then transfer the document to your Kindle using your USB connection.

Also this: Kindle (U.S. Wireless) user: We'll send personal documents to your Kindle via Whispernet while inside the U.S. wireless coverage area for a fee of $.15 per megabyte.

Not that this is large amount of money but, I'm confused? It looks like the service is free when you download and transfer content via USB, but costs you if you Whispersnet it over the Internet.

Can anyone shed more light on this? Thanks.

Last edited by obsessed2; 11-29-2011 at 07:55 AM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote