View Single Post
Old 08-03-2010, 06:13 PM   #13
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Your examples don't look at all like the FB2 and ePub on my PPro. When I use night mode on FBReader or Cool Reader I prefer a very, very dark blue background with very light yellow text.
Since e-Ink screens are greyscale, there won't be any way to create a blue background with yellow text. To do that will require a color screen. And unless that screen is backlit, it will be difficult to read the text.

If I were you I would find someone with a new Kindle DXG, or wait until the K3s arrive, and take a look at the Pearl (3rd generation) e-Ink screens. They are greatly improved over the 2nd generation e-Ink screens. Plus the K3 is supposed to allow you to select from a few fonts. You might find that reading on the K3 is much better than previous e-Ink readers.

Quote:
My EYES! Teh Burnses, teh does! Whay a gawd-awful way to display text!
I definitely agree with that. I hate websites that have a dark background and light text. Not only is it hard on my eyes to read, but when you look away from the screen your eyes still have the negative image for a while. However, with a backlit screen on low brightness some people find it useful at night, though personally I find it difficult to read.

Last edited by jswinden; 08-03-2010 at 06:20 PM.