View Single Post
Old 07-11-2010, 07:29 AM   #5
banjomike
Addict
banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505,DSlibris,nook Glow & Simple & HD+,Tab S2,Moon+,Kobo Clara
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
I am not sure I understand the sequence you are considering.
I tend to batch up my text editing, tag changing etc and do it all it in a lump every few weeks. Usually when the Sony needs charging. So I will edit the text of a book in the original odt, add or change a tag or series in Calibre, convert the new improved version of the book in Calibre, and then connect the Sony to charge and to add books etc. So I was thinking that Calibre would spot that the tags etc have changed on a book and update the tags on the Sony thereby causing the old book to have the new tags until the book itself is manually resent. Not a great problem but I thought I would clarify the situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
If and when we have a way to know that the book in the library is newer than the book on the device, I will either change the processing behind the third option or add a fourth option, 'automatic with send' (or some such).
If a book in my library is newer than the book on my Sony it is often due to the fact that I like to play with the conversion especially when trying to get dropcaps, images, and such to look good. I DEFINITELY would worry about an option that automatically updated a book merely because it was 'newer'.

Newer can equal testing.
banjomike is offline   Reply With Quote