Thread: Literary Owls Do Cry by Janet Frame
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2020, 02:53 AM   #25
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun surfer View Post
Thanks for all the information on NZ-specific knowledge, AnotherCat. It's very interesting and definitely helps me understand the book better. One other thing I have a question on is toi toi. What is it exactly? I'm listening to the audio so I don't know how it's spelt in the book but I was thinking toi toi or toy toy or something like that.
Friends who grew up in NZ taught me to call it "cutty grass", toetoe apparently.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austroderia
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote