View Single Post
Old 06-10-2020, 05:50 PM   #16
Sirtel
Wizard
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage/Oasis 2/Oasis 3/Nook Glowlight Plus 7.8''/Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Everything you say is true. And yet, I've found most of it isn't really stuff I personally miss. I patch and customize my Kobo and I have fun sometimes looking through collections and series. Yet I love reading on my 2015 Glowlight Plus.

The three things things I would like to see changed in Nook firmware:
  1. Ditch that useless profile button on the top left and bring back the current read button. That was a great feature and they made a mistake in replacing it.
  2. When I reach the end of a book and do 'page forward' take me back to the home screen, instead of just sitting like a dummy.
  3. I don't like that half the home screen is links to the store.

If those were fixed, Nook would still be missing good collections control and custom fonts, but I could deal.

I do like author stacking in my library.
I'm not terribly bothered by other shortcomings, but the feature I miss the most is not having the option to refresh every page. Eink degrades over several partial page turns and it's very noticeable to me on any eink reader I've used. I don't mean ghosting, but loss of contrast; the text, which is fully black after the full refresh sort of fades after every partial refresh. Once I noticed this, it started to bother me mightily and so I set all my readers to fully refresh every page. Except for the Nook, which has no option to do so.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote