View Single Post
Old 05-28-2020, 04:12 PM   #7
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nooks, Kindles, Sonys, Kobos, Tolinos and others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabberwock View Post
It stopped responding completely, so I opened it up and the battery is all swollen, so I am not going to waste any more time on it.
I just had to replace my wife's laptop battery for the same reason. But it's only about three years old(?). At any rate, I don't think gently prying the battery free should pose that big of a risk. Batteries for these cost about $11 in the U.S. — so probably more than the cost of buying another 600. (And the swelled battery could have caused damage to the unit. I had one Kindle 3 (bought at auction) with a battery so swelled that it broke the screen (or substrate?).)
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote