View Single Post
Old 05-28-2020, 01:46 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone SE 2020, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I can’t comment on the 600 or 700, but I loved my PRS-950. It was a fantastic reader and made me an instant, “Bigger is better” convert, in addition to being sleek, luxe and comfortable to hold. I moved on to the H2O only when the battery got flaky. I wouldn’t recommend buying one now or any reader of that vintage; aside from battery considerations the technology has moved on, but it was absolutely great in its day.
My mistake. It was a typo. It should have read 900. That was the save screen size as the 950 but with the same awful touch layer that the 600 has.

The touch layer was too far away from the screen and it was way too reflective. It made the screen a lot more fuzzy and mirror-like. The 700 was the one with the LEDs for the light and that was not a layer. It was awful when the LEDs were off.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote