View Single Post
Old 06-27-2014, 08:05 AM   #6
baf
Evangelist
baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kt
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Hi,

I grabbed the source from github.

Nicely done!

I do not have libxml2.dylib on my machine so I configured without it and it built just fine on my Mac OS X Mavericks machine.
Thanks for good word!
I thought libxml2 is part of xcode installation, but it is also possible that I built it myself. My Mavericks says:
Code:
$ xml2-config --prefix
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.9.sdk/usr
Quote:
Interesting. I am glad to see that at least someone is making use of the KindleUnpack code and the code we contributed to calibre to support KF8 and joint mobis! ;-)
As I said earlier it is the only source of information on KF8 format. I followed MOBI wiki to some point, but most of the knowledge is only available between lines of python code (which btw I hardly understand ). Hats off to all the people that contributed to it.

Quote:
A few things:

1. when using the -s option you probably should remove the all the aid="blah" attributes on tags as they are all kindlegen generated and are not legal html5 and they will be added yet again if you pass that back through kindlegen.

(perhaps this would have happened if I had libxml2.dylib in /usr/local/lib/)?
I realise that I should strip all Amazon formatting, but as it is the easiest step I put it off for later
If you had had libxml2 installed, mobitool would also recreate opf and ncx files.

Quote:
2. you might want to grab the latest KindleUnpack testing version (v072f at the moment) and examine the code added to parse PAGE sections, and HD CONT sections and CRES sections as the first is used to create apnx files and the latter two are related to HD Images which are stored in CRES sections that come after the new CONT container boundary that comes after all of the kf8 sections.

It also has code to unpack to epub version 2 or epub version 3.

If you ever have questions about what the KindleUnpack code does, just let me know and I would be happy to help. Currently, I am working on unpacking .azk ebooks which are basically just a zip archive of json fragments and skeletons (so it is much like a KF8) but with its own form of dictionary based compression that whose keys are mapped into the Braille region of (x2800) unicode code points so that the jsonp objects are pure unicode strings.
Great! Where do I find the latest testing versions of KindleUnpack?
I found it. Is there any public repo for development, like on github?
Thanks!

Last edited by baf; 06-27-2014 at 08:12 AM.
baf is offline   Reply With Quote