View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 01:02 PM   #64
dos1
20% cooler.
dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
And in some locally breaking news (your reading it here):

Both Kindle Paperwhite firmware version 5.2.0 and version 5.3.0 contain object code covered by GPLv3.
(The gnutls 2.8.4 distribution. See the "COPYING" file in the root of the source code tree for gnutls.)

Of pertinence here:
Section 6 Conveying Non-Source Forms. - "Installation Information"

Translation:
Owners of the Kindle Paperwhite should ask Amazon for the information specified (their encryption keys, among other things).

I don't own a Kindle Paperwhite, I can't do it for you.
Go get'm tigers!
WOW, that's a huge news! I thought that they used only GPLv2, but if there's also code on GPLv3, then they indeed *legally have to* allow jailbreaking and provide all necessary information for that, as you citied.

I surely will ask them, thanks for heads up!
dos1 is offline   Reply With Quote