View Single Post
Old 08-23-2011, 06:17 PM   #6
Adjust
Addict
Adjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel is

Device: ADE, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by virtual_ink View Post
I have a few books only available to me as PDFs (and Quark files - but I don't have Quark).

Any recommended tutorials for converting PDFs to epubs?
For PDFs. I do a save as to a word file in acrobat 8+ any lower version and forget it, the result is terrible. And bring it back into InDesign and do a basic format applying styles etc.

You do have to look for words with hard hypens like- this and paragraphs which start with lowercase letters, but GREP search in ID will get almost all of them, and it doesn't take long to go through one by one.

Markzware make a Quark to ID converter which is a must, I use this to convert quark documents to ID.

http://markzware.com/products/q2id/
Adjust is offline   Reply With Quote