View Single Post
Old 10-30-2007, 04:01 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
But PVI says they're only making Vizplex these days. So, if iRex is, indeed, getting their panels from PVI ....

I seem to remember reading somewhere (back in the dark dusty months of spring '06) that they were making their own panels, rather than getting them from PVI. That's why I'm chasing this wild-goose, I'd like to nail down for sure what's going on there.
The iLiad already has a screen that's on a par, clarity-wise, with VizPlex. When Alex saw the iLiad at Frankfurt, he said that he was surprised how much better the iLiad's screen was than that of the original Sony Reader.

I've not yet had the opportunity to see a VizPlex screen, but comparing the original Sony Reader side-by-side with the iLiad (I have both, as you know), it's quite startling how much better the iLiad's screen is. The background is lighter and the text is "blacker". It's just a lot more "contrasty" than the PRS-500's screen.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote