View Single Post
Old 07-11-2010, 10:41 PM   #11
pricecw
Zealot
pricecw can extract oil from cheesepricecw can extract oil from cheesepricecw can extract oil from cheesepricecw can extract oil from cheesepricecw can extract oil from cheesepricecw can extract oil from cheesepricecw can extract oil from cheesepricecw can extract oil from cheese

Device: enTourage eDGe
I am an engineer, and I can't imagine calling this thing heavy. The PERL book the screen shots are from is probably 3 times as thick, and just as heavy. I am packing around hundreds of pounds of reference material that I use at one time (used to have a lot of the material as either books or printed on my desk at work). If I could get this device with a bigger screen I would, it would make schematic reading and marking up easier.

Now for light reading, novels, etc, I find the iPad to big and bulky (yes I have held and used one, but don't own one). I really like the form factor of the PRS-300 I picked up for that. It fits the exercise bike book holder (paper didn't, edge doesn't, iPad doesn't), it is cheap, and it does book reading very well. Feels better reading it than a paperback.

I guess it's all about what you are doing with the device, the edge is the best thing I have found for what I do with it. I love having both screens, and really want the newer displays that are starting to hit. For light reading, the prs-300 takes the prize. Different uses, different devices.

--Carl
pricecw is offline   Reply With Quote