View Single Post
Old 01-03-2020, 04:45 PM   #48
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
I prefer the haptic touch sensors of my Voyage. I think it's easier on the fingers than pressing a button over and over so many times and so often. However, the Voyage also has the option of just tapping on the screen, rather than swiping, to change the page. This is actually my favourite, because again it's the easiest on the fingers in the long run. And it even works on the side of the device off the screen part, so no smudges necessary.

The only problem with it is that, at least with the Voyage, the far left side is for going back one page rather than forward. I read half the time with one hand and half with the other. When I'm reading with my right hand I can just tap the side of the device off the page to turn the page. When I'm reading with my left hand I must press to use the haptic sensor, or touch on the page farther towards the centre to turn the page. I wish there were an option to change the entire touch to turn a page so I could tap on the side of the device with either hand, and still allow the dedicated haptic sensor for going back a page.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote