Thread: Apple event
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2019, 11:02 AM   #2
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy
OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPad mini 6, iPad Air 2020, Alexa Devices
Here is my prediction: Basically a "meh" year, IMO.
  • Two or three slightly improved iPhones with new features of little interest to me, but a higher price tag. I usually keep my current iPhone for 2 to 3 years before upgrading, so new iPhones every year are not very exciting to me, if at all. And I could not care less about their cameras. I use rea cameras to take photos, not Cracker-Jack box toys.
  • One or more new iPads. Little new or improved here, and probably a higher price tag. Same as with iPhones, I rarely upgrade due to their ridiculous price tags.
  • New Mac OS. A few nice features, but a major PITA as far as 32-bit apps go, and some of us need those 32-bit apps. If the Mojave updates over the past few months are any indication of what we can expect with the latest OS upgrade, then expect a bumpy ride. They have done little more than eff up Mojave with buggy updates over the summer. Wish they would hire better programmers and managers...
  • iPad OS. In theory it could be good, but it could also be awful if we have to wait forever for apps to be updated in order to take advantage of it. iOS is getting difficult to use IMO, and they should have addressed usability more than glitz and BS sales points designed for the younger people.
  • iOS update. Yawn.....wait, what were we talking about? Oh yes, some more tiny improvements or something...yawn....
  • Woohoo, Apple TV!!!! Wait, is that all there is to it. What a friggin' let down, and expensive to boot.
  • Apple News+. Basically take a POS, re-label it, and now charge for it. Yep, that makes sense, said no consumer ever. Why pay for news that is several days, or even weeks old. And considering how many publishers are totally upset with Apple and the deals they made with them, I expect it to tank within a year or two.

Hey, but on the bright side we get to see a highly staged and choreographed production of old men trying to look hip to select few Millennials they invited, and trying to impress the masses with shiny new trinkets that are not much improved from last year's shiny new trinkets. BTW, I'm still waiting for the rest of those new things that were promised in 2018 but never actually showed up, and the ones from 2017.... They always say we have plenty of new things coming in the next year, but we never seem to see anything worth mentioning.
OtinG is offline   Reply With Quote