View Single Post
Old 11-08-2017, 11:28 AM   #29
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkoRamius View Post
Wow, I couldn't expect such sort of replys. Matter of taste !

Well, as I feel I have to justify myself, let's go ! :-)

I like reading. I love my ereader because it's very convenient. But I still do love more the feeling of the real book (you know, that thing made of paper and a cardboard cover). I like when I take my ereader in my hands to have that feeling. I like to view the cover of the book I'm reading, because it starts immersing me. Because sometimes I don't even remember what book I was reading last time I read, too.

Other thing I love from real books, it's the social dimension. Have you never had a talk with a friend, a relative, a neighbour in a train or plane, just because he saw you were currently reading THAT book he loved (or hated - that happens too) ? I like talking and sharing about readings. When I go to someone's house, I like to see the books he has on the shelves of his library. To compare what we have read in common, discover others books he loved, and so on. All sort of things e-readers currently prevent, and that I - personnaly - regret. And I'm here talking about real discussions, face to face, not forum or social network talks.

Thank you for your sarcam ( :-) ) but no, I'm not asking about an invention already in the market (from what I know). You wrote soonner that thin plastic is not a protection, the example of silicon gel is just to show there are materials that are transparent, thick enough, and quite effective as a protection. In a classic case for ereader (leather ou simili-leather like we all have), you could have a sort of window on the front part of the case that would be filled with, for example, such a silicon gel sheet. That would have the protection level we all expect, plus the transparency I'm looking for. Just to say that it's possible to have both those features.

Ok, no problem with that, every one can live the way he wants. At the opposite I'm pretty sure there are many people that do want to announce it (for the above mentionned reasons !).

I agree with that, that's why I'm talking about a standard case, with just a transparent window on the front part !

I just hope I made myself clear - english is not my mother tongue, as you may have noticed !
I like your thinking.
Luckily, if you sort by most recent, the kindle might keep what you were last reading at the top of the list. I have the same remembering problem.
As to visiting people, anyone that visits here gets wide eyed. I collect cookbooks.
Your English is great. I would not have known it wasn't your native language.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote