View Single Post
Old 04-22-2007, 03:08 AM   #43
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaksha
Is there a way to indent a block of text? i.e. if I wanted it to look like this.

Code:
This is a block of text, I'm just typing this as
an example and putting in hard returns, I know
the Reader takes care of that for me, but just
bare with me while I explain what I mean.

This is another block of text, but now the
  left margin does not line up with the margin
  above.  I want to get a block of text to do
  this for one of the stories I am working on.

And then, later, the margin would return to normal.
Yes, you can use one of the "styles" in BD for this. Eg, if you highlight a block of text, and mark it as "verse" in BD, you'll see that it indents. If there's one of the styles that you don't routinely use, you could give it the same font, etc, as the "paragraph" style, but indent it. The amount of indentation is the column labelled "Shift" on the "Styles" tab of the "Make Sony Reader File" dialog. Note that it's not the "Indent" column - that determines the indentation of the first line!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote