View Single Post
Old 09-15-2017, 10:04 PM   #34
darryl
Wizard
darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Oasis, Huwei Ascend Mate 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryem View Post
Grisham used to be one of the authors I read as soon as his books became available. I began that after reading "The Firm". His books have been variable, some better than others, a few very good, the others less so. But in recent years they've mostly disappointed. I haven't read one any of his books in the past few years. I'll probably re-read some of his older ones from time to time but I doubt I'll read any he's written in recent years.

Barry
Our history with Grisham's books is very similar. I agree with you about the variable quality and share your disappointment with his later books. In particular I was very disappointed wtth Gray Mountain which always promised more but never delivered. Grisham is no longer a must read for me.

Last edited by darryl; 09-16-2017 at 03:19 AM.
darryl is offline   Reply With Quote