View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 03:25 PM   #1
karenbryant
Enthusiast
karenbryant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karenbryant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karenbryant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karenbryant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karenbryant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karenbryant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karenbryant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karenbryant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karenbryant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karenbryant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.karenbryant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook
Start tag on Kindle files being changed

Hi,

I have been using Mobipocket to create my Kindle books (yes, I know it's a little old fashioned now, but it does a great job for me). I have always placed my start tag at the front of my eBook so when customers buy my book, it starts right there at the toc, which is what I want.

But I am now realising that when I upload my prc to Amazon, and customers buy the eBook from the Amazon store, the book doesn't start there when they open it, but many pages later on by the first chapter. I particularly don't want this. How is the start tag being changed? Are Amazon doing this during the review or automatically? When I load my own personal copy of the file on my reader, the beginning link goes where I want it. It's very important for readers to see my toc first before reading. At the moment they select Beginning and it takes them to after the toc, which is not what I want!

Thanks,
Karen

Last edited by karenbryant; 11-20-2012 at 03:30 PM.
karenbryant is offline   Reply With Quote