View Single Post
Old 01-16-2009, 12:29 PM   #1
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Using WindowScript to product IMP files

I ported Nicks command-line based script word2imp.pl (a perl script to Windows script --javscript) to facilitate the conversion of doc directly into .IMP format; bypassing the need for the eBook Publisher GUI.

About the script
Word2IMP.js
Converts MS Word document to IMP
Microsoft windows scripts can be written in VB Script or JavaScript, I wrote this in JavaScript.

RUNNING THE SCRIPT
Two methods
1) Command Line: type
Code:
cscript Word2IMP.js <Your MS Word file name>
2) Drag and Drop:
Drag and Drop your MS Word document on the Word2IMP.js script.

To use the Window Script you need ePublisher

1. You have previously installed the eBook Publisher software from http://www.ebooktechnologies.com/sup...r_download.htm .

No other software is needed since Window scripts have been part of the MS OS since Windows 2000.

Thanks NICK

=X=

PS If folks find this script useful and would like to see NICK's excellent Perl work ported to Window Script* just let me know

WindowScripts can be written in VBScript or JavaScript.
Attached Files
File Type: zip word2imp.zip (1.2 KB, 1264 views)
File Type: zip Html2imp.zip (1.8 KB, 1224 views)

Last edited by =X=; 01-20-2009 at 01:13 AM. Reason: Clarification
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote