View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 06:10 PM   #15
SusanM
Bemused by possibilities
SusanM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad3, Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousgeorge View Post
but why would you not build your epub to go to everyone. A major retailer is a major retailer for a reason and the ones that allow your content also allow content that is invalid and corrupt which pushes away from customers buying from them. I understand what you're trying to say but by doing it that way you are hurting yourself, sales, and profit.
Well, their ePubs can go to everyone as they are free. I should have mentioned that I meant the public domain titles they do. They put extensive metadata in those which is a good practice, but alas one that does not validate. Since they distribute these themselves and not to Apple, etc. it doesn't matter that that validation throws up an error. http://ebooks.adelaide.edu.au/

Last edited by SusanM; 05-04-2013 at 06:13 PM.
SusanM is offline   Reply With Quote