View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 06:04 PM   #14
SusanM
Bemused by possibilities
SusanM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SusanM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad3, Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgatwood View Post
The general consensus, at least in the academic world, is that because Dublin Core doesn't define support for subtitles, you should shove everything into the title, separated by a space, a colon, and another space, e.g.

Code:
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland : A Thrilling Adventure of Psychoactive Substance Abuse
I definitely would not try to use EPUB3 functionality at this time. Give it a few years for it to gain more acceptance/support by reader vendors.
I agree. All of the designers are going gung-ho on EPUB3 so I think that more readers do accept them. Marvin reader for iPad doesn't. I did find that some of the readers I used would read the EPUB3 file if it had backward compatibility - a few months ago they would not read those at all. One designer said she just received a large quantity of EPUBS to convert to EPUB3 so I wonder if they are just directing them to a specific sellers or feel that a "hybrid" should work in most readers. Anyone? Thanks for the clarification about subtitles.

Last edited by SusanM; 05-04-2013 at 06:14 PM.
SusanM is offline   Reply With Quote