View Single Post
Old 02-19-2018, 11:15 PM   #262
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
Does anyone else find it ironic that front lit Kindles with auto adjust lighting use more power in a well lit environment than one dim enough to require the front light to read?
Yes, but it makes sense. In brightly lit environment the light goes high to improve the appearance of whiter background. I have not seen a day sunny enough to see the light turn off.

Not bumping the power button is a good way to not wake up the Oasis much, but maybe that is not the only problem. The downside is that you have to wait much longer to wake up from deep sleep. The workaround is to press the power button shortly before you plan to start reading (e.g. while you carry the Oasis to the couch to be read). It will wake up the Oasis from deep sleep into regular sleep as long as the cover is still secure in place. Opening the cover after a little bit will have you reading quicker (no "waking up").

From what I can observe, the Oasis does not turn on the light or change the screensaver if the button gets pushed with cover on. Possibly when you open it and it already is on the page and turned on, I suspect the cover getting bumped and not the power button. Now that I am careful not to bump the power button, it also doesn't bump the cover as side effect, so maybe is what you are seeing? I used to put the button towards the wall of headboard, but now make sure the spine touches instead.
DuckieTigger is online now   Reply With Quote