View Single Post
Old 02-19-2018, 07:13 PM   #260
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
I've had the Oasis 2 for over three months and it has been my daily lunch reader for over two months.

The battery discharges 2% to 4% per day, usually closer to 2%. Earlier, I had trouble with it being already awake when I opened the cover, but I've gradually learned to take care that the power button doesn't get bumped. (What a pain.)

A few weeks ago, I was eating outside, in the shade on a hazyish day, when I happened to notice the light was at 22. When I had done experiments on a clear day shortly after getting it, the highest I saw it go was 18. Autoadjust is convenient, but I've decided to turn that off and adjust it my self when I think it needs it. 22 would really burn through the battery.

I think at least some of the battery life trouble is from the power button getting bumped. It is really surprisingly easy to do, even carrying inside a closed cover in a bag, pack, or I suppose, a purse.

I think there is a good chance that anyone having fast drain problems that has eliminated all the usual suspects has a defective Oasis 2 device, not that the Oasis 2 is a defective product. I would prefer that the Oasis 2 battery was as large as the Voyage battery, but I can live with the current one. The Voyage battery is only 24% higher capacity, so it would not help those only getting several days per charge that much.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote