View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 05:45 PM   #8
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
I suppose there is a chance I would buy it as a gift, but now that even my mom has an ebook reader, probably not. Bottom line for me is, I never bought a hardcover novel in my life, even before the ebook days, and I do not buy paper fiction anymore because I read a lot of books and don't have the space to *store* a lot of books. For me, the lack of need to store ebooks has meant I but a lot more books than I ever did because I can get the ebook and not have to worry about where I am going to put it.

I think a better question for you will be 'how can I convert the freebie ebook readers into paid ebook readers' rather than what you are asking. If you price your books right, does it really matter whether they buy the paper or the pixels so long as they are buying? Someone like me, I read over 100 books in a year, an author should want my business. But if the author is only concerned with the paper sales, they will lose a reader like me because I don't buy in paper anymore, no matter who the author is. You take my money for an ebook, or you don't get my money at all.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote