View Single Post
Old 03-19-2010, 08:39 PM   #22
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptosreader View Post
That's an interesting thought. Does that mean that formatting the internal memory on the PC does not remove the possible extra partition(s)? I'm not a normally a Windows user (not since my IMB PC with 2 floppy drives circa 1987) so maybe someone can direct me how to remove partitions in XP. Thanks for the info.
Formatting formats a partition, even if it's just one partition for the whole drive. Deleting a recreating a partition leaves you with a raw partition that needs to be subsequently formatted.

I believe XP has a drive manager in the computer management section under control panel, and it also has the command line 'fdisk' program. However, XP is limited and often can't deal with partitions from other operating systems.

Hence this is why I had to use the linux 'fdisk' partitioning command. I suspect the GUI linux program 'gparted' MIGHT also be able to do the job.

Maybe Apple also has such a tool?
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote