View Single Post
Old 11-13-2013, 03:49 PM   #11
jshzh
Addict
jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Pocketbook 602 Pro, Kobo Aura HD, LG G Pad III
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
I followed Gardenman's instructions, and was able to order the Touch Lux relatively easily. I sent an E-mail to PocketBook France asking them what the shipping would cost, and got the answer back next business day that it would cost 27 euros. I sent back a reply that I was interested in ordering one, but couldn't set up an account on their website since I was outside the EU. Next business day, I got an E-mail with a link to a Paypal page for ordering the device. The device was delivered about a week later via Colissimo/Canada Post. I didn't have to pay any duties, but that may have been luck on my part (don't know if the high shipping cost included the duties, but I doubt it).

So, it wasn't cheap (156 euros in total == $220 CDN), but it was easy to get. Thanks Gardenman.
I bought my 602 a few years ago from U.S. for about the same price, no duties or tax collected. I still love it. But the Kobo HD only cost me 135 after tax in Toronto recently, with the larger screen than the 623, I stopped being loyal. For me, Pocketbook is still best in dictionary support. Even with the Koreader software, Kobo does not support on-screen dictionaries except English - X ones. What other features make you feel 623 is the best in the market?
jshzh is offline   Reply With Quote