View Single Post
Old 07-12-2013, 06:11 AM   #28
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
I tried swapping a different cable (but I still want to dig out the one that came with the Kobo, and I can't find the box atm). I first tried to send a book to the reader to copy over the one there and got this message:
Quote:
calibre, version 0.9.38
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

(2, 'GetDiskFreeSpace', 'The system cannot find the file specified.')

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 85, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 557, in _upload_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 1812, in upload_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\driver.py", line 256, in upload_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\device.py", line 986, in _sanity_check
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\device.py", line 177, in free_space
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\device.py", line 134, in _windows_space
error: (2, 'GetDiskFreeSpace', 'The system cannot find the file specified.')
Then I tried to delete the book first from the Glo, and then got this error:
Quote:
calibre, version 0.9.38
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

unable to open database file

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 85, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 581, in _delete_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 453, in delete_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 1851, in delete_via_sql
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 365, in delete_via_sql
OperationalError: unable to open database file
As mbovenka said, once the first error happens, then I can no longer access the files on the Glo through explorer. The drive letter for the Glo is still shown and usually all the directories, but they're all blank and you can't see any files in the directories.

I have another PC I can try it on (just give me a day or 2, need to update Calibre on that one), but I really don't think there will be any difference. In over 2.5 years I don't have any issues like this with the Sony 350s on this PC with the same USB cable and same versions of Calibre.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote