View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 04:51 AM   #35713
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
We are in the process of getting the condo ready to sell before we move. Because of the economy, we will be taking more than a 50% loss on the place. A lot of folks wouldn't sell because of that, but I figure 'a bird in the hand,' etc. Besides, we've only got about another 20 years left, 30 at the most, and the way we live, probably a lot less. I'd rather cut and run with what we have, than think about holding out for more. My kid has more money than I do, so he won't have to worry about praying for a big inheritance just to survive. And in Thailand, you can live comfortably on 1/5 of what it costs in Japan or the US. You just can't read the street signs. But I have trouble doing that here, so no big deal.

Stitchawl
That's a brave move, but then you did the sensible thing and got your dependents out of the way early and able to support themselves. Our house is worth less than we paid for it (not 50%, thank goodness) so we just couldn't afford to sell right now. Eventually we will downsize, but I don't think I'd be able to convince my wife to move to foreign shores, even though I'd love to. We did that once before (South Africa) and she loved it at first, but ended up hating it.

How are the showings going?
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote