View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 10:18 AM   #17
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
I like the theory of using the custom column, but it is indeed more fault-prone. There can be both length and character set problems. The first is somewhat difficult to work around because the template never includes the path of the base folder that the books live in. The character set problem can be worked around, but means that the resulting path might not exactly match the template. There are also issues with accidental slash characters in the path, such as in the (made up) title "The Excitement/Joy of Being Bob". I am still thinking about this option. I like the idea of user-defined constant paths, but I am not happy with the weird errors that can pop up.

The next release of CC (and calibre) will have the first option.
Would that mean I'd have to re-download all books again?
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote